Finished Project

10:11

Hello lovelies,

On Sunday Hannerbell and I had our photo shooting and even though Prussia, Russia and Austria were missing, we definitely want to redo it again with them.
It was super much fun and so many people wanted to do pictures of us and with us.
But before posting pictures of us in the final costume, I still have some wip pictures I wanted to show.

I left the entry of the work in progress part three with the words, that I still need to hem.
And this is what I did the next day; I hand stitched the hem.

I am not a professional and never studied it, but this is the method which worked best for me.

Afterwards I finished the cuffs. First I sewed it at the top and then turned it and sewed the side.
Here is the outer and the inner part. The white lining was such a stupid fabric. It was fraying all over and especially at the buttonholes I made.

My sewn on cuff. Tadah.
As for the lace on the cuff, I made a separate lace.
 I can tie it together with a ribbon! I didn't want to use elastics for it. Somebody always has to help me tying it but nevertheless, it gives a more 18th century feel than elastics...

I made the button holes at the front part and tried to make them bigger. I have seen some old uniforms and the button holes are always way bigger than the actual button plus the button was also always on the far end of one side.

Look at that silly white fraying fabric. It was a nightmare.
Also the pictures are weirdly lighted...sorry for that...?

And this is how it looked like, buttoned onto the coat. I was really proud of that because almost every buttonhole was straight...except for one of course.

Afterwards came the lace. And it really looks like a big lace monster. But it is also super pretty so...
But the coat is finished, yey!

Bonus pic: I also did the trousers by myself and my cat thought it was very amusing to sit on the fabric all the time. Narrische Nudel.


The photo shooting was held at Belvedere in Vienna and Greencat was our photographer and Matthias helped that every part of the costume sat in the right place.
At this time I only have selfies or pictures from my mobile phone, I have to wait a bit for our pictures but that's no problem at all.
Hannerbell's France costume is so amazing. Everything is self made and she really knows her stuff.


I on the other side, looked super weird on that day. The ribbon was also too short but I noticed only after the photo shooting. Also, I forgot to glue on my lashes. Fantastic work.

The light was already super bad here but look at us! We are both full of lace.

I was filming myself most of the time while doing this project. A video will follow soon on youtube but I don't know when I will have the time do edit so it may take a while.

The next project will probably be a 1740-80s dress but I am still not so sure about it because the fabric is super expensive and I need a buttload of it. But I really want to do a robe a la francaise....

Well,

have a nice week,

All the best,

Auris Lothol

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Like me on Facebook

Like me on Instagram